The post holder will work with staff, volunteers and other stakeholders to ensure the Foundation delivers and works towards its mission throught its initatives, programmes and practices. Please read the full job description and personal specification
Job Title: Director of Operations
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: £25,000 – 30,000 (depending on experience) p.a pro rata (inc. London Weighting)
Hours: Full Time – (37.5 hrs per week)
Term: 12 month fixed term (3 months’ probation period) with potential to develop into a permanent role
The Patchwork Foundation has an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team as a Director of Operations. We are looking for a highly motivated and organised individual to support the Chief Executive Officer by leading and supporting the foundation’s programmes. The role will provide support and leadership to the voluntary Executive Group and lead work in terms of organisation, programmes, evaluation, administration and communication.
The Director of Operations will support the Foundation to deliver the strategies to grow and develop the organisation. This excellent opportunity would suit someone who has the natural ability to build relationships. You will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to help with varied requests.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- General office administration including correspondence/communication and procurement.
- To provide administrative and operational support to the CEO and Executive team.
- Ensure that information storage and retrieval systems are developed, maintained and managed.
- Support the Executive team to implement projects and procedures for the effective operation of the Foundation and its programmes.
- Manage, record and prioritise all correspondence and communications whilst developing the foundation’s communications.
- Lead on evaluation and analysis of the foundation’s work and impact.
- Ensuring smooth running of all projects executed to a high standard.
- Maintain regular communication with the Executive team and keep track of all work being done.
- Assist in preparing regular progress reports/papers whilst developing evaluation and reporting procedures for programmes.
- Producing briefings and emails providing key information to external and internal stakeholders.
- Organise team meetings, training and team building activities.
- Set up and administer systems for managing staff, interns and volunteers.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other members of the team and volunteers, ensuring a smooth system of operation is in place.
- Carry out other associated duties which may arise, develop or be assigned.
- Provide support to the Executive team where appropriate and as agreed.
It is anticipated that the role may develop in the long term as the Foundation and its work grows, but this will always be done in discussion with the post holder.
Download the Director of Operations job pack here
Download the Equal Opportunities Questionnaire here
- Submit CV, covering letter and Equal Opportunities Questionnaire
- CV should include two referees: Please give the contact details of two people we are able to contact for references, one of whom should be your most recent employer. Please indicate your relationship to them (they should not be friends or relatives). The referees must be able to comment on your knowledge and experience and your ability to do the job you have applied for.
- Fill out Equal Opportunities Questionnaire and please attach when applying.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Application for Director of Operations
Application Deadline: 21st March 2018, 11:59pm
Interviews: Week commencing 26th March 2018