Applications are now OPEN for Patchwork’s unique Masterclass Programme: https://goo.gl/forms/AmdK07Z75KXBvfIr1
Are you interested in politics? Want the chance to learn from senior politicians, policy makers and civil servants? Would you like to create solutions for some of the biggest challenges society faces today?
The Patchwork Foundation’s unique Masterclass programme gives young leaders from under-represented, deprived and minority communities of all backgrounds the chance to engage dynamically with experts in the political field.
Participants on the 9 month programme will have exclusive access to experts in intimate settings where they have the chance to learn, question and develop their knowledge and skills.
Masterclass topics will include political campaigning, political negotiation, coalition building, international relations and policy amongst others.
Previous masterclass tutors have included:
- Office of the Prime Minister
- Sir Lynton Crosby AO – Campaign Director for the Conservative Party’s General Election Campaign 2015
- Rt Hon Sir Danny Alexander -former Chief Secretary to the Treasury
- Lord Paddy Ashdown – former Leader of the Liberal Democrats
- Rt Hon Sir Vince Cable – former Business Secretary
- Rt Hon Nick Clegg MP – former Deputy Prime Minister
- Rt Hon Chris Grayling MP – Leader of the House of Commons
- Rt Hon Dominic Grieve – Former Attorney General
- Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP – Secretary of State for Business
- Syed Kamal MEP – Chairman, European Conservatives and Reformists
- Rt Hon Sadiq Khan – Mayor of London
- Rt Hon Oliver Letwin MP – Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
- Caroline Lucas MP – former leader of the Green Party
- Rt Hon Ed Miliband MP – former Leader of the Oppoistion
- Gloria De Piero MP – Shadow Minister for Young People
- Angus Roberston MP – SNP Leader in the House of Commons
- Rt Hon Amber Rudd MP – Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change
- Rt Hon Iain Duncan Smith MP – former Secretary of State for DWP
- Sir Keir Starmer MP – Shadow Home Minister
- Ed Whiting – Private Secretary to the Prime Minister
- Caroline Pidgeon CBE – Member of the London Assembly
- Rt Hon Diane Abbott MP – Shadow Home Secretary
- Rt Hon David Lidington MP – Leader of the House of Commons
- Melanie Dawes – Permanent Secretary, DCLG
- Sir Simon Fraser – Former Permanent Under Secretary and Head of the Diplomatic Service
- Andrew Marr – Andrew Marr Show, BBC
- John Piennar – BBC deputy political editor
- Amol Rajan – editor of The Independent
At the end of the programme participants experience a stimulating challenge day which will allow them to use their experiences to create innovative solutions for pressing issues in society today.
Participants also receive certification for the programme and join the network of Patchwork alumni.
The programme is for 18-30 year olds.